Making Salon Waste - History
Eros Hair Lounge is very happy to announce that we are now a SUSTAINABLE Salon.
Our team, are keen advocates for the care of our environment, to back that commitment we have implemented the Sustainable Salons Australia program within the Eros Hair Lounge.
This revolutionary resource recovery program is designed for the salon to achieve zero waste, reduce our carbon footprint, and implement sustainable work practices that benefit the local community.
For less that the price of a cup of coffee, 95% of the resources used during your service will be diverted from landfill and set to recycling thanks to our partnership with Sustainable Salons Australia.
- All the proceeds gained from recycling the salon's metals will be donated to not-for-profit community-based organisations that doe a killer job helping humanity.
- Plastic product bottles, packaging and bags are recycled into outdoor furniture and underground sheeting to protect the NBN.
- Any leftover chemicals will be recycled into water and used in construction/road works.
- Cut off hair will support charitable causes such as oil spill clean-up projects, local community gardens and charitable wig making services.
- Once our tools reach their end of life, they will be broken down and all valuable parts will be repurposed.
What does this mean for you?
Each time you visit our Sustainable Salon your service bill will include a small green service fee of just $2 that will support the salon to keep its commitment to sustainability without compromising the quality of the service we offer you. So each time you visit our Sustainable Salon, you can feel good about doing good!
We are so proud to be part of the solution, and now, you are as well.
For more information please visit www.sustainablesalons.com.au